Information Technology – Automation Developer
Business and Financial Operations
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Cowen Inc. is looking for an Automation Developer to join its Information Technology team in Belfast. In addition to having at least 2 years of RPA development experience with UIPath, the successful candidate must have experience with developing, testing, and supporting both attended and unattended bots. They will be joining an emerging team within Cowen that is responsible for taking ideas for robots collected throughout the firm and designing, developing, testing, implementing, supporting the unattended bots themselves. The team will also be looked to for guidance and expertise by citizen developers within Cowen.
Responsibilities and duties will include:
- Incorporating guidance from the Automation Development lead and requirements from the intake team, design and develop unattended robots utilising UIPath software that are robust and deliver on their intended purpose.
- Test and provide feedback for unattended bots created by other members of the team.
- As a team, support the unattended bots being developed, as well as the ones already running in production that were developed by a 3rd
- Provide guidance and expertise to citizen developers within Cowen so they can better create their own attended automations.
Job Requirements / Qualifications
- Must have at least 2 years of experience as an RPA Developer utilising UIPath software
- Must have experience not only developing but also architecting, testing, and maintaining both attended and unattended bots
- Must have development experience with Microsoft technologies – C#/.NET Core/VB.net, SQL server, VBA/Excel Macros
- Must have knowledge of JSON, HTML, and experience integrating RPA tools to external applications using DLLs or other APIs
- Must have experience writing applications to parse data from unstructured sources such as e-mails and web pages
- Must have knowledge of UIPath components – workflow-based logic, dispatcher and performer, as well as orchestrator and its sub-components (setup roles, assets, queues, package deployment, license management, credential vault)
- Must have a keen interest in solving business problems with automation technology
- Must be comfortable and proactive about speaking with technologists and others within the business
- Must be able to use discretion to prioritize problems and tasks appropriately
- Must have experience working in an Agile/Scrum development team utilising tools such as Git, SVN, and JIRA
- Highly preferred to have experience processing structured, unstructured data, and leveraging cognitive intelligence
- Highly preferred to have experience handling web, native, and legacy applications using UIPath RPA platform
- Highly preferred to have experience creating technical design and end-user documentation
- One or more UIPath Certifications
- Past success working in a medium-sized organisation
- Experience working in financial services
- Experience providing guidance and expertise to others who are less technical
Cowen is an equal opportunity employer; we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Protect Yourself from Recruitment Fraud. Recruitment fraud can be attempted through fake job postings, fake websites (posing as a Company) or unauthorized individuals impersonating recruiters (even using employee names). Depending on the role, Cowen will ask candidates to complete 2-4 interviews with Cowen employees before receiving an offer for employment. All communication regarding the interview process will come from an @cowen.com or @greenhouse.io email address. At no time throughout the hiring process will a Cowen recruiter or Human Resource Professional request any type of payment in order to be considered for the role. In addition, candidates will not be asked to submit personal information as a pre-requisite for the interview process.