Executive / Team Assistant
Business and Financial Operations
Cowen Inc. (formerly Cowen Group, Inc.), a Delaware corporation formed in 2009, is a diversified financial services firm and, together with its consolidated subsidiaries (collectively, "Cowen" or the "Company"), provides investment management, investment banking, research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, global clearing and commission management through its two business segments: investment management and broker-dealer. The investment management segment includes private investment funds, managed accounts, commodity pools, real estate funds, private equity structures, registered investment companies and listed vehicles and manages a significant portion of the Company’s proprietary capital. The broker-dealer segment offers industry focused investment banking for growth-oriented companies including advisory and global capital markets origination and domain knowledge-driven research, sales and trading platform for institutional investors and a comprehensive suite of prime brokerage services. Founded in 1918, the firm is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide. Cowen Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information, visit www.cowen.com
Cowen is currently seeking a driven and enthusiastic Executive / Team Assistant to support our CEO and Markets team in London. The successful candidate will provide essential administrative support in the day-to-day operations while also working on a variety of projects and departmental initiatives.
- Coordinate domestic and international travel as well as hotels, car rentals, car services etc with travel agency as requested
- Prepare Travel and Entertainment expense reports for reimbursement and processing and filing of expense reports, ensuring all accounts are up to date
- Screen phone calls from clients, visitors and greet clients when required, handle all incoming correspondence
- Establishes trust to be able to handle extensive telephone and email correspondence on the senior manager’s behalf
- Owns the setup of meetings across multiple time zones, booking rooms & audio / video facilities, organising passes and coordinating catering so that events run without disruption. Diary and calendar management to ensure effective time management and prioritization of engagements where necessary
- Able to deal with sensitive confidential information
- Updating PowerPoint presentations as needed for marketing meetings
- Assist in maintaining our client database, log phone calls and emails
- Maintain the supplies and orders supplies as needed
- Perform a range of staff and/or operational support activities; may serve as a liaison with other departments on basic administrative and/or operational matters.
- Prioritising conflicting needs; handling matters expeditiously and proactively, seeing tasks to successful completion, often within tight deadline
- Support Markets team across senior and junior levels
- General administrative duties include answering the phone for senior team members, greeting clients and guests, filing, photocopying, ordering food for breakfast and lunch meetings, etc.
- Provides administrative support to the team for project work and ad hoc activities as necessary
- Co-ordinates on-boarding of new employees and contractors to minimise set-up time
- Prepares materials for internal and external mandates e.g. presentations, spreadsheets, management reports, agendas to a professional standard, maintaining attention to detail.
- Responsible for all travel arrangements for the group; create detailed travel itineraries
- Manage processing of expenses via the expense reporting process in a timely manner
- Work on special projects, including but not limited to planning special events, arranging interviews and assisting with personal matters
The following are the minimum requirements for the position:
- At least 5 years of experience providing support in a professional/financial services environment
- Strong proficiency in all MS office applications
- Exceptional attention to detail with the ability to follow up and see tasks through to completion
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of seniority internally and externally
- Strong organisational and analytical skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, managing time and resources to ensure work is completed efficiently and within established timeframes
- Exhibit adaptability in a collaborative environment
- A high level of commitment, initiative and problem-solving skills
- The ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- The ability to work as both part of a team and independently
Protect Yourself from Recruitment Fraud. Recruitment fraud can be attempted through fake job postings, fake websites (posing as a Company) or unauthorized individuals impersonating recruiters (even using employee names). Depending on the role, Cowen will ask candidates to complete 2-4 interviews with Cowen employees before receiving an offer for employment. All communication regarding the interview process will come from an @cowen.com or @greenhouse.io email address. At no time throughout the hiring process will a Cowen recruiter or Human Resource Professional request any type of payment in order to be considered for the role. In addition, candidates will not be asked to submit personal information as a pre-requisite for the interview process.