Investment Banking Analyst/Associate, Technology (TMT)
Experienced - IB
New York, NY
Cowen’s TMT team is currently seeking Analyst and Associate level candidates for our Investment Banking Group located in NY and San Francisco. Successful candidates will play a vital role in further building out a rapidly growing team at Cowen, with the opportunity to work across all aspects of sourcing and executing a wide range of complex M&A, Equity and Debt transactions. Cowen offers candidates an unparalleled experience in investment banking, with the following benefits:
- Significant skill development and career advancement opportunities
- Strong firm culture, where candidates have the opportunity to work with highly talented and motivated people who strive to deliver exceptional outcomes for our clients
- Deep sector / industry exposure and immersion – especially to rapidly growing, technology clients
- Considerable exposure to senior bankers and interaction with clients
- Lean deal teams, enabling strong Analysts to take on high levels of responsibility
Our team provides TMT clients with a full suite of products and services including strategic M&A and capital markets advisory, IPOs, follow-on offerings, PIPEs, debt advisory such as convertible debt and high yield placements, and SPAC transaction exposure.
- Managing and/or assisting in the preparation of financial models and business valuations
- Conducting deep industry and company-specific due diligence
- Managing the important details of deal execution and project management throughout the full lifecycle of numerous transaction types
- Executing on pitch work and client follow-up requests
- Preparing presentation materials and participating in marketing meetings with key clients
- Interacting with senior Cowen team members and client management teams on a daily basis to execute transactions and discuss strategic alternatives
- BA/BS degree from a leading university, MBA a plus
- 2 years of relevant experience – prior experience in investment banking ideally, but open to applicants with Big 4 accounting/consulting experience or finance at a company in the technology industry are preferred for this lateral position
- Clear, demonstrated desire to transition to a high growth investment bank
- Ability to comfortably interact with senior clients in a professional setting
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Solid technical / financial modeling skills
- Hard-working, “get-it-done” mentality
- Strong intellectual curiosity
- Highly organized, detail oriented and proactive
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter with the capacity to work independently and in small teams
Who We Are
Cowen Inc. (“Cowen” or the “Company”) is a diversified financial services firm offering investment banking services, equity and credit research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, global clearing, commission management services and actively managed alternative investment products. Cowen focuses on delivering value-added capabilities to our clients in order to help them outperform. Founded in 1918, the Company is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide.
At Cowen, inclusion and diversity are catalysts for success and innovation in everything we do. We pride ourselves on our empathetic and collaborative culture, where the power of diversity is harnessed to transform the status quo. Our focus on inclusion expands our thinking in order to generate better outcomes for clients, while striving to increase fairness and equity for our colleagues. Cowen’s vision of creating a more inclusive and equitable future is supported by our core values and is essential to our ability to outperform.
Vision: We consistently deliver differentiated and disruptive insights that help our clients outperform.
Empathy: We proactively consider and account for the priorities and concerns of our colleagues and clients.
Sustainability: We endeavor to produce ideas and solutions that are ethically grounded and aim to pass the test of time.
Tenacious Teamwork: We elevate collaboration to new levels, empowering our ability to provide the best solutions for our clients.
Learn more at: https://www.cowen.com/ and https://www.linkedin.com/company/cowen-inc/
Protect Yourself from Recruitment Fraud. Recruitment fraud can be attempted through fake job postings, fake websites (posing as a Company) or unauthorized individuals impersonating recruiters (even using employee names). Depending on the role, Cowen will ask candidates to complete 2-4 interviews with Cowen employees before receiving an offer for employment. All communication regarding the interview process will come from an @cowen.com or @greenhouse.io email address. At no time throughout the hiring process will a Cowen recruiter or Human Resource Professional request any type of payment in order to be considered for the role. In addition, candidates will not be asked to submit personal information as a pre-requisite for the interview process.