Operations KYC Associate
Business and Financial Operations
Role: Cowen is currently seeking a KYC Associate to join our Belfast team.
- Undertaking end to end client and counterparty onboarding and refresh including undertaking all aspects of the CDD process.
- Adhering to applicable internal and regulatory requirements relating to CDD.
- Following the Cowen CDD onboarding and refresh process accurately and efficiently.
- Conducting due diligence at all levels, including enhanced due diligence.
- Identifying ultimate beneficial owners, controllers and PEPs.
- Undertaking adverse media screening.
- Undertaking sanctions screening.
- Escalating concerns and discrepancies in CDD documentation to the appropriate staff.
- Tracking outstanding CDD requests and progressing these on own initiative.
- Observing CDD processing targets in terms of file quality and speed of review.
- Alerting suspicions to the MLRO.
- Ensure CDD files maintained accurately using internally agreed upon protocols.
- Responding to client CDD requests on Cowen.
- Responsible for opening new accounts, maintaining settlement instruction, checking accounts against compliance guidelines, maintain pricing, opening new markets and any other tasks that may be requested.
- Effectively utilise several systems to maintain accurate data for seamless downstream trade processing.
- Communicate regularly with managers, traders, sales people, finance, and other designated contacts within the organisation to support the CDD onboarding and refresh process.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned. General hours are 8:30 to 5:30, but should be flexible to work other hours or holidays, if required.
- A relevant university degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics or related discipline, or recognised professional or equivalent qualification, or qualified by experience.
- 2+ years’ experience in CDD required, preferably involving a wide range of counterparty types and risk levels.
- Sound knowledge of UK CDD onboarding regulations and requirements, including the JMLSG Guidance notes.
- 2+ years’ experience in finance or operations preferred.
- Individual must be dependable, responsible, motivated and demonstrate the ability to be successful with minimal supervision. Must be highly organised and detail oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to succeed during challenging circumstances, including strict deadlines and technical issues and maintain composure under pressure.
- Candidate must possess strong customer relationship skills.
- Must possess problem solving ability, strong computer and communication skills.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer
Protect Yourself from Recruitment Fraud. Recruitment fraud can be attempted through fake job postings, fake websites (posing as a Company) or unauthorized individuals impersonating recruiters (even using employee names). Depending on the role, Cowen will ask candidates to complete 2-4 interviews with Cowen employees before receiving an offer for employment. All communication regarding the interview process will come from an @cowen.com or @greenhouse.io email address. At no time throughout the hiring process will a Cowen recruiter or Human Resource Professional request any type of payment in order to be considered for the role. In addition, candidates will not be asked to submit personal information as a pre-requisite for the interview process.