Business and Financial Operations
Lake Mary, FL
Cowen Inc. is looking for a new Staff Accountant to join its Accounting team in Lake Mary, Florida.
- Book accounting journals daily for various cash transactions across multiple accounts
- Prepare daily/month end bank reconciliations for multiple cash accounts and ensure the balances tie to the general ledger
- Prepare other various month end account reconciliations, such as Miscellaneous Receivables.
- Communicate with internal staff such as Account Payable, Accounts Receivable, Operations etc. to ensure all transactions are being recorded accurately, and in a timely fashion
- Assist accounting team with internal/external audit requests
- Adopt ad-hoc projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance required
- 2+ years of accounting experience
- Understanding of month-end close process, and balance sheet reconciliations
- Advanced understanding of spreadsheet applications and strong analytical skills
- Proven ability to work well on teams; showing initiative, a positive attitude and willingness to work hard
- Organized, self-motivated, detail and deadline oriented
- Working knowledge of finance industry preferred
- Workday experience preferred
Who We Are:
Cowen Inc. (“Cowen” or the “Company”) is a diversified financial services firm offering investment banking services, equity and credit research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, global clearing, commission management services and actively managed alternative investment products. Cowen focuses on delivering value-added capabilities to our clients in order to help them outperform. Founded in 1918, the Company is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide.
At Cowen, inclusion and diversity are catalysts for success and innovation in everything we do. We pride ourselves on our empathetic and collaborative culture, where the power of diversity is harnessed to transform the status quo. Our focus on inclusion expands our thinking in order to generate better outcomes for clients, while striving to increase fairness and equity for our colleagues. Cowen’s vision of creating a more inclusive and equitable future is supported by our core values and is essential to our ability to outperform.
- Vision: We consistently deliver differentiated and disruptive insights that help our clients outperform
- Empathy: We proactively consider and account for the priorities and concerns of our colleagues and clients
- Sustainability: We endeavor to produce ideas and solutions that are ethically grounded and aim to pass the test of time
- Tenacious Teamwork: We elevate collaboration to new levels, empowering our ability to provide the best solutions for our clients.
Protect Yourself from Recruitment Fraud. Recruitment fraud can be attempted through fake job postings, fake websites (posing as a Company) or unauthorized individuals impersonating recruiters (even using employee names). Depending on the role, Cowen will ask candidates to complete 2-4 interviews with Cowen employees before receiving an offer for employment. All communication regarding the interview process will come from an @cowen.com or @greenhouse.io email address. At no time throughout the hiring process will a Cowen recruiter or Human Resource Professional request any type of payment in order to be considered for the role. In addition, candidates will not be asked to submit personal information as a pre-requisite for the interview process.