Operations Administrator Reconciliation
Business and Financial Operations
Cowen Inc. is a diversified financial services firm that operates through two business segments: a broker dealer and an investment management division. The Company’s broker dealer division offers investment banking services, equity and credit research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, global clearing and commission management services. Cowen’s investment management segment offers actively managed alternative investment products. Cowen Inc. focuses on delivering value-added capabilities to our clients in order to help them outperform. Founded in 1918, the firm is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide. Learn more at Cowen.com
We have a proud tradition of attracting and retaining individuals who are smart, hardworking, ambitious and team players.
Cowen is large enough to provide substantial resources to each employee, yet small enough so that each member’s contribution is recognised.
- Vision: We consistently deliver differentiated and disruptive insights that help our clients outperform
- Empathy: We proactively consider and account for the priorities and concerns of our colleagues and clients
- Sustainability: We endeavor to produce ideas and solutions that are ethically grounded and aim to pass the test of time Tenacious
- Teamwork: We elevate collaboration to new levels, empowering our ability to provide the best solutions for our clients.
Main Purpose of Role
We are seeking an Analyst to add to our Belfast team, focusing on reconciliations and the provision of shadow reporting to our clients. The role will primarily support the London business, working on Reconciliations, Breaks Resolution and general Operational duties. We are looking for an individual with excellent written and verbal English communications skills who is exceptionally organised and detail oriented. The successful candidate will need to exhibit strong academic performance, along with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. The Operations Professional must be able to manage multiple simultaneous tasks in a fast paced, high pressure environment.
- General ledger reconciliations
- Reconciling transactions to ensure the accounting system reflects the correct transactions type, value, price, date etc.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality and accuracy of data
- Effectively report bugs and errors to development teams for resolution
- Work closely with the Development Team to improve system capability
- Assure ongoing compliance with quality and industry regulatory requirements
Skills / Experience required
- A relevant university degree in finance, economics, or related discipline, or recognised professional or equivalent qualification.
- Desire to build a career in Finance.
- Maintains a professional business demeanour and work with a sense of urgency.
- Customer focused attitude, and able to interface directly with clients if and when required.
- Ensure high levels of confidentiality are maintained in relation to the work of the company and clients.
- Team player with a strong desire to learn.
- Good written and verbal English communications skills.
- Up to 2 years’ experience working in professional or financial services
- Intermediate to advanced computer software skills including Microsoft Office Word and Excel. In particular, the ability to use Excel to manipulate and summarise financial data.
- MS Teams
- Confident, knowledgeable hardworking and with the highest standards of personal integrity.
- Able to create, build and maintain strong relations with a wide variety of clients.
- Ability to network across the entire Cowen group including with support functions and other client facing teams.
- Ambitious and self-motivated.
- Ability to relate well with others and build relationships.
- Ability to problem solve
- Excellent teamwork and ability to collaborate with others
- Exhibit Cowen’s Core Values
Cowen is an equal opportunity employer; we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Protect Yourself from Recruitment Fraud. Recruitment fraud can be attempted through fake job postings, fake websites (posing as a Company) or unauthorized individuals impersonating recruiters (even using employee names). Depending on the role, Cowen will ask candidates to complete 2-4 interviews with Cowen employees before receiving an offer for employment. All communication regarding the interview process will come from an @cowen.com or @greenhouse.io email address. At no time throughout the hiring process will a Cowen recruiter or Human Resource Professional request any type of payment in order to be considered for the role. In addition, candidates will not be asked to submit personal information as a pre-requisite for the interview process.