Supervisory Analyst / Editor
New York, NY
Cowen is looking for two full-time Supervisory Analysts/Editors to work in its equity research department supporting the firm’s research analysts covering 900+ stocks across a broad range of industry sectors. Both positions will work remotely.
Afternoon Position: Monday – Thursday 2-10PM ET, Friday 2-6PM ET
Overnight Position: Sunday – Thursday 7PM ET – 2AM ET (3AM ET during peak earnings periods)
Candidates will be asked to select position preference in the application process.
Primary responsibilities are reviewing and approving daily research notes to ensure that they comply with FINRA regulations and company policies. Additional hours during peak times are required, and occasional weekend coverage may be needed during conferences. These jobs also require editing/production/SA review of large quarterly and semi-annual publications, initiations, industry reports, video scripts and marketing materials. Workflow varies daily and seasonally.
The following are the minimum requirements for the positions:
- FINRA Series 16 registered
- Minimum of three years of experience as a supervisory analyst
- Strong editing and proofreading skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and under tight deadlines
- Strong decision-making skills and ability to work independently
- Strong verbal and written communications skills (interaction with research analysts, Control Room, and marketing department)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and some Excel
- Knowledge of BlueMatrix publishing system
As part of its hiring process, Cowen verifies identity and eligibility to work in the United States as required by law. At this time, Cowen Group will not sponsor a new applicant for an employment visa for this position.
Who We Are:
Cowen Inc. (“Cowen” or the “Company”) is a diversified financial services firm offering investment banking services, equity and credit research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, global clearing, commission management services and actively managed alternative investment products. Cowen focuses on delivering value-added capabilities to our clients in order to help them outperform. Founded in 1918, the Company is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide.
At Cowen, inclusion and diversity are catalysts for success and innovation in everything we do. We pride ourselves on our empathetic and collaborative culture, where the power of diversity is harnessed to transform the status quo. Our focus on inclusion expands our thinking in order to generate better outcomes for clients, while striving to increase fairness and equity for our colleagues. Cowen’s vision of creating a more inclusive and equitable future is supported by our core values and is essential to our ability to outperform.
- Vision: We consistently deliver differentiated and disruptive insights that help our clients outperform
- Empathy: We proactively consider and account for the priorities and concerns of our colleagues and clients
- Sustainability: We endeavor to produce ideas and solutions that are ethically grounded and aim to pass the test of time Tenacious
- Teamwork: We elevate collaboration to new levels, empowering our ability to provide the best solutions for our clients.
Protect Yourself from Recruitment Fraud. Recruitment fraud can be attempted through fake job postings, fake websites (posing as a Company) or unauthorized individuals impersonating recruiters (even using employee names). Depending on the role, Cowen will ask candidates to complete 2-4 interviews with Cowen employees before receiving an offer for employment. All communication regarding the interview process will come from an @cowen.com or @greenhouse.io email address. At no time throughout the hiring process will a Cowen recruiter or Human Resource Professional request any type of payment in order to be considered for the role. In addition, candidates will not be asked to submit personal information as a pre-requisite for the interview process.