Broker Dealer Regulatory Accountant
Business and Financial Operations
Cowen International is looking for a Regulatory/Management Accountant to join its team in London.
The successful candidate will firstly be responsible for the teams’ effort in accurately and timely reporting of regulatory requirements for two regulated UK entities, as well as transitioning to the new IFPRU regime. They will also have secondary responsibilities assisting in the capacity as a management accountant. Specific responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the preparation of monthly and quarterly regulatory filings pursuant to BiPru regulations (currently CoRep and FCA returns), including support schedules and other analysis’s, for two UK entities
- Responsible for daily capital reporting to ensure the Prime business is operating within limits
- Supporting the ICAAP / ICARA process, including provision of financial and capital information, and will be a key member of the ICARA working group
- Identify and addressing regulatory reporting requirements for various new products that the business has in the pipeline (e.g. equity derivatives)
- Lead the transition of regulatory reporting into the new UK IFPR regime, ensuring we are compliant with new rules and regulations, including analysis and impact assessment of new ‘K-factors’ on our capital resource needs
- Lead the implementation of new regulatory software to meet the financial reporting requirements under IFPRU (with assistance from technical resource from the vendor)
- Prepare and file other required regulatory reports on a timely basis, including but not limited to, CMAR client money reporting
- Assisting with audit requests and responding to regulatory inquiries
- Participate in the implementation of new analytical and reporting processes, procedures and controls – especially in relation to upcoming new products
- Establish department policies and procedures as well as timing and deadlines
- 5-8 years’ experience in a financial services firm performing an accounting / finance role – experience within a broker dealer and / or prime brokerage business would be highly preferable
- Recognised accountancy qualification (ACA / CIMA / ACCA)
- Excellent knowledge of Bipru regulations, as they pertain to financial regulatory reporting (e.g. solid understanding of operational/credit risk, FOR, ICAAP etc)
- Organized, detail oriented and self-motivated individual with strong analytical skills
- Understanding of public company Sarbanes-Oxley controls and importance of adherence to them
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work within deadlines while still providing a high-quality work product
As part of its hiring process, Cowen verifies identity and eligibility to work in the United Kingdom as required by law. At this time, Cowen Group will not sponsor a new applicant for an employment visa for this position.
About Cowen Inc.
Cowen Inc. (formerly Cowen Group, Inc.), a Delaware corporation formed in 2009, is a diversified financial services firm and, together with its consolidated subsidiaries (collectively, "Cowen" or the "Company"), provides investment management, investment banking, research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, global clearing and commission management through its two business segments: investment management and broker-dealer. The investment management segment includes private investment funds, managed accounts, commodity pools, real estate funds, private equity structures, registered investment companies and listed vehicles and also manages a significant portion of the Company’s proprietary capital. The broker-dealer segment offers industry focused investment banking for growth-oriented companies including advisory and global capital markets origination and domain knowledge-driven research, sales and trading platform for institutional investors and a comprehensive suite of prime brokerage services. Founded in 1918, the firm is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide. Cowen Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For additional information, visit www.cowen.com.
Protect Yourself from Recruitment Fraud. Recruitment fraud can be attempted through fake job postings, fake websites (posing as a Company) or unauthorized individuals impersonating recruiters (even using employee names). Depending on the role, Cowen will ask candidates to complete 2-4 interviews with Cowen employees before receiving an offer for employment. All communication regarding the interview process will come from an @cowen.com or @greenhouse.io email address. At no time throughout the hiring process will a Cowen recruiter or Human Resource Professional request any type of payment in order to be considered for the role. In addition, candidates will not be asked to submit personal information as a pre-requisite for the interview process.