AML Compliance Specialist
Business and Financial Operations
New York, NY
Cowen is currently seeking an AML Analyst for its US team.
- Responsible for:
- Updating AML manuals,
- Performing procedural audits,
- Making filings with regulatory bodies,
- Performing activity reviews,
- and any other tasks that may be requested.
- Effectively utilize systems, both internal and external (Actmize), to perform job function and maintain accurate records.
- Familiar with US AML laws and regulations as they apply to US registered broker dealers.
- Communicate regularly with managers, sales people, and other designated contacts within the organization.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned. General hours are 8:00 to 5:30, but should be flexible to work other hours or holidays, if required.
- A relevant college degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics or related discipline, or recognized professional or equivalent qualification, or qualified by experience.
- 4+ years’ experience in US broker dealer AML Department.
- Working knowledge of AML regulations/laws/guidance provided by:
- Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act, OFAC, US Treasury, Securities and Exchange Commission, FINRA and NYSE.
- Individual must be dependable, responsible, motivated and demonstrate the ability to be successful with minimal supervision. Must be highly organized and detail oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to succeed during challenging circumstances, including strict deadlines and technical issues and maintain composure under pressure.
- Candidate must possess strong communication skills.
- Must possess problem solving ability, strong computer and communication skills.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Who We Are:
Cowen Inc. (“Cowen” or the “Company”) is a diversified financial services firm offering investment banking services, equity and credit research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, global clearing, commission management services and actively managed alternative investment products. Cowen focuses on delivering value-added capabilities to our clients in order to help them outperform. Founded in 1918, the Company is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide.
At Cowen, inclusion and diversity are catalysts for success and innovation in everything we do. We pride ourselves on our empathetic and collaborative culture, where the power of diversity is harnessed to transform the status quo. Our focus on inclusion expands our thinking in order to generate better outcomes for clients, while striving to increase fairness and equity for our colleagues. Cowen’s vision of creating a more inclusive and equitable future is supported by our core values and is essential to our ability to outperform.
- Vision: We consistently deliver differentiated and disruptive insights that help our clients outperform
- Empathy: We proactively consider and account for the priorities and concerns of our colleagues and clients
- Sustainability: We endeavor to produce ideas and solutions that are ethically grounded and aim to pass the test of time
- Tenacious Teamwork: We elevate collaboration to new levels, empowering our ability to provide the best solutions for our clients.
Protect Yourself from Recruitment Fraud. Recruitment fraud can be attempted through fake job postings, fake websites (posing as a Company) or unauthorized individuals impersonating recruiters (even using employee names). Depending on the role, Cowen will ask candidates to complete 2-4 interviews with Cowen employees before receiving an offer for employment. All communication regarding the interview process will come from an @cowen.com or @greenhouse.io email address. At no time throughout the hiring process will a Cowen recruiter or Human Resource Professional request any type of payment in order to be considered for the role. In addition, candidates will not be asked to submit personal information as a pre-requisite for the interview process.