Equity Research Associate - Health Care, Pharmaceuticals
Experienced - Res
Cowen is looking for an Associate to work for its Healthcare, Pharmaceuticals Equity Research team in Boston.
Equity research analysts follow the progress of public pharmaceutical companies, and make stock recommendations to institutional investor clients. Job tasks include evaluating scientific data, financial modeling, interviews with physician experts and company managements, conducting surveys, hosting industry conferences, writing reports and making oral presentations.
Support senior analysts; analyze individual pharma companies and market trends; compose company-specific and thematic research reports; build and maintain financial models; interview physicians and company executives; interact with Cowen's institutional sales force and investor clients.
The following are the minimum requirements for the position:
- Exceptional academic pedigree, including a higher degree in a life science-related field (PhD , PharmD or MD)
- CFA or MBA is a plus
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail, desire to learn about the pharmaceutical industry
- Outstanding analytical skills. Ability to do deep primary research, analyze and draw conclusions from information
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Ability to perform in a team environment
- Passion for investing
As part of its hiring process, Cowen verifies identity and eligibility to work in the United States as required by law. At this time, Cowen will not sponsor a new applicant for an employment visa for this position.
Who We Are:
Cowen Inc. (“Cowen” or the “Company”) is a diversified financial services firm offering investment banking services, equity and credit research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, global clearing, commission management services and actively managed alternative investment products. Cowen focuses on delivering value-added capabilities to our clients in order to help them outperform. Founded in 1918, the Company is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide.
At Cowen, inclusion and diversity are catalysts for success and innovation in everything we do. We pride ourselves on our empathetic and collaborative culture, where the power of diversity is harnessed to transform the status quo. Our focus on inclusion expands our thinking in order to generate better outcomes for clients, while striving to increase fairness and equity for our colleagues. Cowen’s vision of creating a more inclusive and equitable future is supported by our core values and is essential to our ability to outperform.
- Vision: We consistently deliver differentiated and disruptive insights that help our clients outperform
- Empathy: We proactively consider and account for the priorities and concerns of our colleagues and clients
- Sustainability: We endeavor to produce ideas and solutions that are ethically grounded and aim to pass the test of time
- Tenacious Teamwork: We elevate collaboration to new levels, empowering our ability to provide the best solutions for our clients.
Protect Yourself from Recruitment Fraud. Recruitment fraud can be attempted through fake job postings, fake websites (posing as a Company) or unauthorized individuals impersonating recruiters (even using employee names). Depending on the role, Cowen will ask candidates to complete 2-4 interviews with Cowen employees before receiving an offer for employment. All communication regarding the interview process will come from an @cowen.com or @greenhouse.io email address. At no time throughout the hiring process will a Cowen recruiter or Human Resource Professional request any type of payment in order to be considered for the role. In addition, candidates will not be asked to submit personal information as a pre-requisite for the interview process.