Equity Research Associate - Consumer / Industrials
New York, NY
Cowen is looking for an Associate to join its Consumer/Industrials Equity Research team in New York City.
The successful candidate will work directly with the Senior Research Analyst on many aspects of the research process including: building and maintaining financial models, performing financial analysis and due diligence, writing investment-driven research reports, developing and fielding industry surveys, and undertaking a wide array of industry analyses and competitive assessments. The associate will have broad exposure to company managements, investor and industry conferences, and the research process that professional analysts utilize to make investments and recommendations.
Interested and qualified candidates should apply via this posting. Direct submissions will not be considered.
The following are the minimum requirements for the position:
- An undergraduate degree in a related area of study with a strong GPA.
- 2 years sell or buy side experience and/or experience in the related consumer/industrials space
- Securities licenses preferred (series 7/SIE, 63, 86, 87)
- CFA or CFA track a plus
- Exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills. As part of the interview process candidates will be asked to provide a writing sample
- Strong quantitative, financial modeling and Excel skills with a thorough understanding of financial analysis and the investment process. As part of the interview process candidates will be asked to demonstrate their financial modeling skills
- Proven ability to work well on teams, self-motivated, showing initiative, a positive attitude and a willingness to work hard
As part of its hiring process, Cowen verifies identity and eligibility to work in the United States as required by law. At this time, Cowen will not sponsor a new applicant for an employment visa for this position.
Who We Are:
Cowen Inc. (“Cowen” or the “Company”) is a diversified financial services firm offering investment banking services, equity and credit research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, global clearing, commission management services and actively managed alternative investment products. Cowen focuses on delivering value-added capabilities to our clients in order to help them outperform. Founded in 1918, the Company is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide.
At Cowen, inclusion and diversity are catalysts for success and innovation in everything we do. We pride ourselves on our empathetic and collaborative culture, where the power of diversity is harnessed to transform the status quo. Our focus on inclusion expands our thinking in order to generate better outcomes for clients, while striving to increase fairness and equity for our colleagues. Cowen’s vision of creating a more inclusive and equitable future is supported by our core values and is essential to our ability to outperform.
- Vision: We consistently deliver differentiated and disruptive insights that help our clients outperform
- Empathy: We proactively consider and account for the priorities and concerns of our colleagues and clients
- Sustainability: We endeavor to produce ideas and solutions that are ethically grounded and aim to pass the test of time
- Tenacious Teamwork: We elevate collaboration to new levels, empowering our ability to provide the best solutions for our clients.