Equity Research Associate - Life Science & Diagnostic Tools
Cowen is looking for a Research Associate to join its Life Science & Diagnostic Tools team in Boston.
The successful candidate will work directly with the Senior Research Analyst on many aspects of the research process including: performing financial analysis and due diligence, writing investment-driven research reports, developing and fielding industry surveys and undertaking a wide array of industry analyses and competitive assessments. The associate will have broad exposure to company managements, investor conferences, and the research process that professional investment analysts utilize to make investment and recommendations.
The following are the minimum requirements for the position:
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 2 years related sell-side or buy-side research work experience
- Strong quantitative, financial modeling and Excel skills with a thorough understanding of financial statements, financial analysis and the investment process
- Equity Analysis and FINRA licenses (SIE/7, 63, 86, and 87) preferred
- CFA or CFA track a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an acute attention to presentation details
- Evidence of key intangible qualities to drive team success: 1) self-accountability; 2) self-motivation; 3) reliability; 4) intellectual curiosity; hunger to learn; ability to think outside the box; and 5) ability to explain complex topics in a digestible fashion, to audiences of varying levels of expertise
- Proven ability to work well on teams and a willingness to work hard
Who We Are:
Cowen Inc. (“Cowen” or the “Company”) is a diversified financial services firm offering investment banking services, equity and credit research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, global clearing, commission management services and actively managed alternative investment products. Cowen focuses on delivering value-added capabilities to our clients in order to help them outperform. Founded in 1918, the Company is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide.
At Cowen, inclusion and diversity are catalysts for success and innovation in everything we do. We pride ourselves on our empathetic and collaborative culture, where the power of diversity is harnessed to transform the status quo. Our focus on inclusion expands our thinking in order to generate better outcomes for clients, while striving to increase fairness and equity for our colleagues. Cowen’s vision of creating a more inclusive and equitable future is supported by our core values and is essential to our ability to outperform.
- Vision: We consistently deliver differentiated and disruptive insights that help our clients outperform
- Empathy: We proactively consider and account for the priorities and concerns of our colleagues and clients
- Sustainability: We endeavor to produce ideas and solutions that are ethically grounded and aim to pass the test of time
- Tenacious Teamwork: We elevate collaboration to new levels, empowering our ability to provide the best solutions for our clients.