Investment Banking Associate, Capital Markets
New York, NY
Cowen's Equity Capital Markets group is looking for an experienced Associate to join its growing team. The group focuses on originating equity (IPO, Follow-on, ATM), convertible and equity-linked securities offerings. The group also advises clients executing equity derivative transactions (e.g., call spread / capped-call overlays), and certain balance sheet management transactions for corporate clients. The team originates and executes transactions across all investment banking industry groups and provides vast exposure to many areas of the firm.
- Focus on pricing, structuring, modeling, valuation, and execution of all Convertible and Equity-linked offerings
- Analyze market trends, including macro-environment and new issue/secondary market environment
- Prepare industry and product analyses for pitches including precedent transaction analyses, timing considerations, investor targeting, running analysis to show the financial impact of a convertible or equity-linked transaction
- Support deal teams on all parts of live transaction execution
- Communicate and interact with internal partners and product areas as well as with clients and other external parties
- Manage several projects at once and working effectively as an individual and as part of a team
- Manage Analysts, which includes fostering their training and development
- Participate in the recruitment, development, and training of junior resources (summer analysts/associates, incoming classes)
- BS/BA required, plus 3-4 years of work experience in capital markets, preferably with working experience of convertibles / equity-linked transactions
- Strong interest in global capital markets
- Outstanding academic qualifications
- A track record of superior performance in professional and extracurricular activities
- Strong quantitative/analytical skills, attention to detail and client focus
- Distinguished written and oral communications skills for basic client communication
- Teamwork skills integral to working with broader ECM team
- Assertiveness, initiative, leadership, strong work ethic and team focus
Who We Are
Cowen Inc. (“Cowen” or the “Company”) is a diversified financial services firm offering investment banking services, equity and credit research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, global clearing, commission management services and actively managed alternative investment products. Cowen focuses on delivering value-added capabilities to our clients in order to help them outperform. Founded in 1918, the Company is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide.
At Cowen, inclusion and diversity are catalysts for success and innovation in everything we do. We pride ourselves on our empathetic and collaborative culture, where the power of diversity is harnessed to transform the status quo. Our focus on inclusion expands our thinking in order to generate better outcomes for clients, while striving to increase fairness and equity for our colleagues. Cowen’s vision of creating a more inclusive and equitable future is supported by our core values and is essential to our ability to outperform.
- Vision: We consistently deliver differentiated and disruptive insights that help our clients outperform.
- Empathy: We proactively consider and account for the priorities and concerns of our colleagues and clients.
- Sustainability: We endeavor to produce ideas and solutions that are ethically grounded and aim to pass the test of time.
- Tenacious Teamwork: We elevate collaboration to new levels, empowering our ability to provide the best solutions for our clients.