Business and Financial Operations
New York, NY
The Internal Audit Department of Cowen Inc. is a small team of qualified professionals that conduct periodic audits and administer a Sarbanes-Oxley test program. In addition, the team performs a continuous assessment of the Firm’s risks and testing of relevant mitigating controls.
We are looking for an auditor with at least two years of relevant IT audit experience. Previous IT audit experience in the financial services industry strongly preferred. The candidate will assist in performing operational, financial, Sarbanes-Oxley testing, and participate in special projects.
The IT Auditor is expected to work with the Audit group in accomplishing the following:
- Perform risk-based audit work, including detailed walkthrough meetings, documentation review, and substantive testing.
- Perform application control review.
- Assist in Sarbanes-Oxley control testing for key business processes.
- Assess control strengths and weaknesses and determine compliance with policies and procedures.
- Document findings to confirm accuracy of observations and agree upon action plans.
The skills, experience, and knowledge required to be considered for this position include (items are required unless noted otherwise):
- BS or BA in Information Systems, Accounting, Finance, or a related field of study
- Working knowledge and experience with general computer controls including Change Management, Access and Security, and IT Operations.
- Working knowledge and experience with application control review including identification and testing of configurable, automated and interface controls.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with incident & response management, disaster recovery, business continuity, data management, data integrity, capacity planning, vendor management, IT project management, systems development and implementation methodologies, networking, and cybersecurity a plus.
- Familiarity with COBIT and COSO methodology a plus.
- Some knowledge of Internal Audit software preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of tools, including Visio preferred.
Who We Are:
Cowen Inc. (“Cowen” or the “Company”) is a diversified financial services firm offering investment banking services, equity and credit research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, global clearing, commission management services and actively managed alternative investment products. Cowen focuses on delivering value-added capabilities to our clients in order to help them outperform. Founded in 1918, the Company is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide.
At Cowen, inclusion and diversity are catalysts for success and innovation in everything we do. We pride ourselves on our empathetic and collaborative culture, where the power of diversity is harnessed to transform the status quo. Our focus on inclusion expands our thinking in order to generate better outcomes for clients, while striving to increase fairness and equity for our colleagues. Cowen’s vision of creating a more inclusive and equitable future is supported by our core values and is essential to our ability to outperform.
- Vision: We consistently deliver differentiated and disruptive insights that help our clients outperform
- Empathy: We proactively consider and account for the priorities and concerns of our colleagues and clients
- Sustainability: We endeavor to produce ideas and solutions that are ethically grounded and aim to pass the test of time
- Tenacious Teamwork: We elevate collaboration to new levels, empowering our ability to provide the best solutions for our clients.
As part of its hiring process, Cowen verifies identity and eligibility to work in the United States as required by law. At this time, Cowen Inc. will not sponsor a new applicant for an employment visa for this position.