IT - Prime Services Developer
Business and Financial Operations
Cowen’s development team is seeking to augment their existing capability with an individual who has experience of DevOps and supporting a highly complex business environment. The role will be supporting US and Hong Kong Operations and will require a later working day
You will join an established team supporting and enhancing the existing set of products as well as developing new solutions using the latest technologies, with the primary focus being support
Key responsibilities and outputs include:
- Manage and be responsible for ensuring scheduled processes and tasks are carried out to ensure business efficacy
- Owning escalations and outage situations to ensure business impact is kept to a minimum
- Implement high quality code in an agile environment and with a focus on creating impact for our end users.
- Working closely with the development team to ensure that all aspects of the platform are well designed and interact smoothly
- Work across teams to coordinate troubleshooting and resolution of issues
- Work in a way that promotes high test coverage, development standards, code reviews and great documentation.
- Detailing the specifications of how features, improvements, and user requirements will be built so that they fulfil business needs, including architectural design and development documentation.
- Creating, testing, and documenting new and amended programmes
- Working with the complete software development life cycle
- Keeping up to date knowledge of C# and .NET technologies
Skills / Experience & Systems Knowledge required:
- A relevant university degree in technology or engineering field or finance, economics, or related discipline, or recognized professional or equivalent qualification, or qualified by experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ professional experience in a software development capacity
- At least 2 years of experience developing in C# .NET
- Proven experience with SQL
- Able to use discretion to prioritize problems and tasks appropriately
- Proven ability to integrate well into a team and build relationships well with senior stakeholders
- At least 1 years of DevOps experience
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrable knowledge of industry standard development methodologies
- Should have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to interface directly with senior business stakeholders.
- Experience with TeamCity, Jira, Salesforce, SVN, RabbitMQ, Zabbix
Who We Are:
Cowen Inc. (“Cowen” or the “Company”) is a diversified financial services firm offering investment banking services, equity and credit research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, global clearing, commission management services and actively managed alternative investment products. Cowen focuses on delivering value-added capabilities to our clients in order to help them outperform. Founded in 1918, the Company is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide.
At Cowen, inclusion and diversity are catalysts for success and innovation in everything we do. We pride ourselves on our empathetic and collaborative culture, where the power of diversity is harnessed to transform the status quo. Our focus on inclusion expands our thinking in order to generate better outcomes for clients, while striving to increase fairness and equity for our colleagues. Cowen’s vision of creating a more inclusive and equitable future is supported by our core values and is essential to our ability to outperform.
- Vision: We consistently deliver differentiated and disruptive insights that help our clients outperform
- Empathy: We proactively consider and account for the priorities and concerns of our colleagues and clients
- Sustainability: We endeavor to produce ideas and solutions that are ethically grounded and aim to pass the test of time
- Tenacious Teamwork: We elevate collaboration to new levels, empowering our ability to provide the best solutions for our clients.