Business and Financial Operations
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Job Title: Automation Developer
Corporate Title: Associate
Cowen Inc. is a diversified financial services firm that operates through two business segments: a broker dealer and an investment management division. The Company’s broker dealer division offers investment banking services, equity and credit research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, global clearing and commission management services. Cowen’s investment management segment offers actively managed alternative investment products. Cowen Inc. focuses on delivering value-added capabilities to our clients in order to help them outperform. Founded in 1918, the firm is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide. Learn more at Cowen.com
We have a proud tradition of attracting and retaining individuals who are smart, hardworking, ambitious and team players.
Cowen is large enough to provide substantial resources to each employee, yet small enough so that each member’s contribution is recognised.
Vision: We consistently deliver differentiated and disruptive insights that help our clients outperform
Empathy: We proactively consider and account for the priorities and concerns of our colleagues and clients
Sustainability: We endeavor to produce ideas and solutions that are ethically grounded and aim to pass the test of time
Tenacious Teamwork: We elevate collaboration to new levels, empowering our ability to provide the best solutions for our clients.
Main Purpose of Role
Cowen Inc. is looking for an Automation Developer to join its Information Technology team in Belfast. In addition to having at least 3 years of development experience, the successful candidate must have experience with developing, testing, and supporting both attended and unattended bots utilising UI Path. They will be joining an emerging team within Cowen that is responsible for taking ideas for robots collected throughout the firm and designing, developing, testing, implementing supporting the unattended bots themselves. The team will also be looked to for guidance and expertise by citizen developers within Cowen.
- Incorporating guidance from the Automation Development lead and requirements from the intake team, design and develop unattended robots utilizing UIPath software that are robust and deliver on their intended purpose.
- Test and provide feedback for unattended bots created by other members of the team.
- As a team, support the unattended bots being developed, as well as the ones already running in production that were developed by a 3rd
- Provide guidance and expertise to citizen developers within Cowen so they can better create their own attended automations.
Skills / Experience Required
- Must have at least 3 years of experience as a developer
- Must have experience not only developing but also architecting, testing, and maintaining both attended and unattended bots utilising UI Path software
- Must have experience writing applications to parse data from unstructured sources such as e-mails and web pages
- Must have a keen interest in solving business problems with automation technology
- Must be comfortable and proactive about speaking with technologists and others within the business
- Must be able to use discretion to prioritise problems and tasks appropriately
- Highly preferred to have experience processing structured, unstructured data, and leveraging cognitive intelligence
- Highly preferred to have experience creating technical design and end-user documentation
- One or more UIPath Certifications
- Past success working in a medium-sized organisation
- Experience working in financial services
- Experience providing guidance and expertise to others who are less technical
- Must have development experience with Microsoft technologies – C#/.NET Core/VB.net, SQL server, VBA/Excel Macros
- Must have knowledge of JSON, HTML, and experience integrating RPA tools to external applications using DLLs or other APIs
- Must have knowledge of UIPath components – workflow-based logic, dispatcher and performer, as well as orchestrator and its sub components (setup roles, assets, queues, package deployment, license management, credential vault)
- Must have experience working in an Agile/Scrum development team utilising tools such as Git, SVN, and JIRA
- Highly preferred to have experience handling web, native, and legacy applications using UIPath RPA platform.
- Aligned with Cowen’s Core Values
- Out of the box thinker who is able to analyze and interpret requests and arrive at the best solution to the problem at hand.
- Embraces challenges and is a methodical problem solver
- Hard working and with the highest standards of personal integrity
- Ambitious and self-motivated
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to multi-task, to perform effectively under pressure
- Great member of a team and also passionate about teaching others
Cowen is an equal opportunity employer; we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.