Business and Financial Operations
New York, NY
Cowen is seeking a US Benefits Administrator to assist with planning and administration of employee benefit programs, including medical, dental, vision and 401(k).
- Maintain and update employee records and benefit files.
- Coordinate day-to-day processing of enrollments, terminations, QE’s, retirement, etc.
- Resolve benefit-related issues and respond to inquiries and requests.
- Advise and inform employees of benefit plan details, changes, new offers, etc.
- Assist with employee onboarding and offboarding procedures.
- Gather eligibility data and remit to carriers.
- Assist with benefit related projects.
- Work closely with insurance providers and brokers.
- Work with COBRA administrator to ensure timely notices.
- Respond to census requests from vendors.
- Assist with bill payments to vendors.
- Minimum of 2 - 3 years’ benefits experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, etc.
- Basic knowledge of Workday, desirable
- Able to identify and manage confidential and sensitive information or situations in a professional manner
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Great interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of 401K plan administration
Who We Are:
Cowen Inc. (“Cowen” or the “Company”) is a diversified financial services firm offering investment banking services, equity and credit research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, global clearing, commission management services and actively managed alternative investment products. Cowen focuses on delivering value-added capabilities to our clients in order to help them outperform. Founded in 1918, the Company is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide.
At Cowen, inclusion and diversity are catalysts for success and innovation in everything we do. We pride ourselves on our empathetic and collaborative culture, where the power of diversity is harnessed to transform the status quo. Our focus on inclusion expands our thinking in order to generate better outcomes for clients, while striving to increase fairness and equity for our colleagues. Cowen’s vision of creating a more inclusive and equitable future is supported by our core values and is essential to our ability to outperform.
- Vision: We consistently deliver differentiated and disruptive insights that help our clients outperform
- Empathy: We proactively consider and account for the priorities and concerns of our colleagues and clients
- Sustainability: We endeavor to produce ideas and solutions that are ethically grounded and aim to pass the test of time
- Tenacious Teamwork: We elevate collaboration to new levels, empowering our ability to provide the best solutions for our clients.