Business Operations Analyst
Business and Financial Operations
Tax Operations is seeking an Associate to join its team. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the global Tax Operations function (Documentation, Cost Basis, Transaction Tax, Withholding and Reporting). Furthermore, you will be responsible for analyzing new rules, process changes and supporting overall regulatory compliance for the firm.
Some of Your Key Responsibilities Include
- Manage the firm’s compliance with global tax and regulatory obligations
- Validate tax forms, client classifications and cost basis processing
- Manage US withholding (1446f, Chapter 3/4) and information reporting (1099/1042-s)
- Process Common Reporting Standards (CRS), DAC6 and Country specific reporting
- Support US and NON-US tax withholding and reporting
- Support transaction tax processing
- Respond to internal and external client and third-party inquiries
- Partner with key stakeholders within Operations, Middle Office, Prime Brokerage, Risk, Technology along with External Service providers and Custodial Banks
- Analyze and implement new global regulations and change management initiatives
- Perform reconciliations and exception processing to support controls and tax compliance
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 4 years work experience
- Experience with Asset Servicing, Business Analysis and/or Project Management
- Ability to identify, escalate, and resolve problems/issues
- Demonstrates strong analytical, critical thinking and organizational skills
- Flexibility and ability to learn quickly
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- A desire to learn and take on increasingly new and challenging tasks
- Proven ability to organize and prioritize workload and drive results
- Ability to communicate professionally through effective verbal and written skills
- Familiar with Cowen, Broadridge or Scivantage infrastructure and systems a plus
- Experience with JIRA, SharePoint, Sigma, Snowflake, SQL and Alteryx a plus
Who We Are:
Cowen Inc. (“Cowen” or the “Company”) is a diversified financial services firm offering investment banking services, equity and credit research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, global clearing, commission management services and actively managed alternative investment products. Cowen focuses on delivering value-added capabilities to our clients in order to help them outperform. Founded in 1918, the Company is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide.
At Cowen, inclusion and diversity are catalysts for success and innovation in everything we do. We pride ourselves on our empathetic and collaborative culture, where the power of diversity is harnessed to transform the status quo. Our focus on inclusion expands our thinking in order to generate better outcomes for clients, while striving to increase fairness and equity for our colleagues. Cowen’s vision of creating a more inclusive and equitable future is supported by our core values and is essential to our ability to outperform.
- Vision: We consistently deliver differentiated and disruptive insights that help our clients outperform
- Empathy: We proactively consider and account for the priorities and concerns of our colleagues and clients
- Sustainability: We endeavor to produce ideas and solutions that are ethically grounded and aim to pass the test of time
- Tenacious Teamwork: We elevate collaboration to new levels, empowering our ability to provide the best solutions for our clients.
Learn more at cowen.com
As part of its hiring process, Cowen verifies identity and eligibility to work in the United States as required by law. At this time, Cowen Inc. will not sponsor a new applicant for an employment visa for this position.