FIX Engineer and Application Support
Job Title: FIX Engineer and Application Support
Department: Markets Electronics
Corporate Title: Vice President
Cowen Inc. (“Cowen” or the “Company”) is a diversified financial services firm offering investment banking services, equity and credit research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, global clearing, commission management services and actively managed alternative investment products. Cowen focuses on delivering value-added capabilities to our clients in order to help them outperform. Founded in 1918, the Company is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide. Learn more at Cowen.com
- Vision: We consistently deliver differentiated and disruptive insights that help our clients outperform
- Empathy: We proactively consider and account for the priorities and concerns of our colleagues and clients
- Sustainability: We endeavor to produce ideas and solutions that are ethically grounded and aim to pass the test of time
- Tenacious Teamwork: We elevate collaboration to new levels, empowering our ability to provide the best solutions for our clients.
Main Purpose of the Role
Cowen Electronic Trading provides algorithmic trading solutions in Cash Equites for North American, Asian, and European markets. We’re looking to add a motivated and proactive professional to our Fix and Application Support Team. This team is responsible for algorithmic application support, FIX connectivity, and client onboarding.
- Daily Maintenance of Production trading system including:
- Production change requests
- System troubleshooting and correction
- Client FIX Implementations
- Venue FIX Implementations
- Trading system backend support
Skills / Experience Required
- Real-time monitoring of algorithmic trading systems, including market data, algorithmic system performance, and inbound/outbound FIX connections
- Excellent working knowledge of FIX.
- Understanding of Windows Server operating systems and intermediate system administration skills
- Understanding of equity broker trading systems and trade flow from order entry to settlement
- Understanding of SQL, Q programming a plus
- Experience with operant based rules and rule setting systems
- Strong technical, communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Professional ownership of issues
- Ability to work with venue and execution counterparties to resolve trading issues
- Ability to work with various teams within the firm to troubleshoot production issues
- Confident, knowledgeable hard working and with the highest standards of personal integrity.
- Ambitious and self-motivated.
- Ability to relate well with others and build relationships.
- Excellent teamwork and ability to collaborate with others
- Exhibit Cowen’s Core Values
Cowen is an equal opportunity employer; we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.