Structured Finance Salesperson
Cowen is looking for a structured finance salesperson to join its growing Cross-Asset team. The goal is to increase the amount of revenue generated from trading distressed structured finance assets, with a particular focus on the more illiquid tranches impacted by adverse economic conditions such as retail SASB CMBS and aircraft ABS, by leveraging off of your existing, established relationships in the industry. This is a position ideally suited for someone with 3+ years of experience.
- Manage client relationships and seek new opportunities to expand relationships involving distressed structured finance assets
- Maintain daily dialogue with senior portfolio managers and traders at key money managers and hedge funds with a dedicated focus on structured finance assets
- Provide subject market expertise in structured finance assets including retail SASB CMBS and aircraft ABS
- Work closely with senior members of the structure products group to analyze markets, opportunities and risks to develop a view on relative value for structured products
- Work with other groups within the Cross-Asset team that cover the same clients for other products to insure that all groups are coordinated
- Work closely with leadership to creatively expand existing client relationships
- Communicate clearly with the structured finance trader on the daily axes for each of your clients
- Serve as structured finance expert in helping to educate Cowen’s salesforce and end accounts.
- Help develop and build long-term quality relationships with structured finance portfolio managers
- Experience (3+ years), institutional fixed income sales professional with a deep understanding of structured products, particularly retail SASB CMBS and aircraft ABS
- Demonstrated ability to generate revenue with existing accounts with a focus on structured products
- Expertise in uncovering business opportunities with new prospective clients
- Experience developing and cultivating professional relationships
- Advanced analytical knowledge and modeling capabilities with knowledge of TREPP, Intex and Bloomberg analytics
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to read prospectuses and remittance reports
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Strong sense of responsibility and follow-through
Who We Are:
Cowen Inc. (“Cowen” or the “Company”) is a diversified financial services firm offering investment banking services, equity and credit research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, global clearing, commission management services and actively managed alternative investment products. Cowen focuses on delivering value-added capabilities to our clients in order to help them outperform. Founded in 1918, the Company is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide.
At Cowen, inclusion and diversity are catalysts for success and innovation in everything we do. We pride ourselves on our empathetic and collaborative culture, where the power of diversity is harnessed to transform the status quo. Our focus on inclusion expands our thinking in order to generate better outcomes for clients, while striving to increase fairness and equity for our colleagues. Cowen’s vision of creating a more inclusive and equitable future is supported by our core values and is essential to our ability to outperform.
- Vision: We consistently deliver differentiated and disruptive insights that help our clients outperform
- Empathy: We proactively consider and account for the priorities and concerns of our colleagues and clients
- Sustainability: We endeavor to produce ideas and solutions that are ethically grounded and aim to pass the test of time
- Tenacious Teamwork: We elevate collaboration to new levels, empowering our ability to provide the best solutions for our clients.
Learn more at cowen.com
As part of its hiring process, Cowen verifies identity and eligibility to work in the United States as required by law. At this time, Cowen will not sponsor a new applicant for an employment visa for this position.