Equity Research Associate, TMT - Telecom Services & Communications Infrastructure
Experienced - Res
New York, NY
Cowen is looking for an Associate to join its TMT - Telecom Services & Communications Infrastructure Equity Research team in New York.
The successful candidate will work directly with the Senior Research Analysts on many aspects of the research process including: building and maintaining financial models, performing financial analysis and due diligence, writing investment-driven research reports, developing and fielding industry surveys, and undertaking a wide array of industry analyses and competitive assessments. The associate will have broad exposure to company managements, investor and industry conferences, and the research process that professional analysts utilize to make investments and recommendations.
The following are the minimum requirements for the position:
- An undergraduate degree in a quantitative area of study with a strong GPA.
- 1 - 3 years sell or buy side research experience in the telecom services, communications infrastructure and/or cable, satellite & wireless services space
- Securities licenses preferred (SIE/series 7, 63, 86, 87)
- CFA or CFA track a plus
- Exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills. As part of the interview process candidates will be asked to provide a writing sample.
- Strong quantitative, financial modeling and Excel skills with a thorough understanding of financial analysis and the investment process. As part of the interview process candidates will be asked to demonstrate their financial modeling skills.
- Proven ability to work well on teams, self-motivated, showing initiative, a positive attitude and a willingness to work hard
As part of its hiring process, Cowen verifies identity and eligibility to work in the United States as required by law. At this time, Cowen will not sponsor a new applicant for an employment visa for this position.
Cowen Inc. (“Cowen” or the “Company”) is a diversified financial services firm offering investment banking services, equity and credit research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, global clearing, commission management services and actively managed alternative investment products. Cowen focuses on delivering value-added capabilities to our clients in order to help them outperform. Founded in 1918, the Company is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide. Learn more at Cowen.com