New York, NY
Cowen Inc. is looking for an Investment Associate to join its Investment Strategist team in New York. The candidate will support the Senior Investment Officer with data analysis, market research, capital allocation and portfolio construction. The role will also involve general project coordination for a variety of strategic initiatives.
- Support the decomposition of return and risk drivers using portfolio management tools: Stress testing, return attribution, correlation analysis, beta analysis, scenario analysis and factor analysis, etc.
- Coordination with legal, operations and portfolio teams in regard to new investments
- Work with Senior Investment Officer on macro-economic research and modeling with the objective to frame the market environment and its driving forces.
- Aid in the monitoring and management of existing public and private investments
- Create and maintain bi-weekly holdings reports for distribution to executive management
- Support & monitoring of the firm’s macro hedging strategies
- Naturally curious with strong critical reasoning skills
- Desire to develop investment acumen
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in finance, economics, or statistics
- CFA or CFA candidate preferred
- Minimum of 2 to 5 years of work experience in Investment Banking, Investment Management, Macro Research or Consulting
- Working understanding of Macro and Micro Economic theory
- Data manipulation with ability to efficiently develop visualizations (Charts/Graphs for presentation)
- Working knowledge of Portfolio construction and analytics
- Knowledge of statistics and regression analysis techniques
- Exposure to Factor based modeling/analysis
- Hedging techniques using cash and derivative instruments
- Independent problem-solving skills
- Experience with credit markets and illiquid asset classes
- Econometric modeling, using program languages such as Python and R