Regulatory Reporting and Controls Analyst
Business and Financial Operations
Job Title: Regulatory Reporting and Controls Analyst
Corporate Title: Analyst – Associate
Cowen Inc. is a diversified financial services firm that operates through two business segments: a broker dealer and an investment management division. The Company’s broker dealer division offers investment banking services, equity and credit research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, global clearing and commission management services. Cowen’s investment management segment offers actively managed alternative investment products. Cowen Inc. focuses on delivering value-added capabilities to our clients in order to help them outperform. Founded in 1918, the firm is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide. Learn more at Cowen.com
We have a proud tradition of attracting and retaining individuals who are smart, hardworking, ambitious and team players. Cowen is large enough to provide substantial resources to each employee, yet small enough so that each member’s contribution is recognized.
- Vision: We consistently deliver differentiated and disruptive insights that help our clients outperform
- Empathy: We proactively consider and account for the priorities and concerns of our colleagues and clients
- Sustainability: We endeavor to produce ideas and solutions that are ethically grounded and aim to pass the test of time
- Tenacious Teamwork: We elevate collaboration to new levels, empowering our ability to provide the best solutions for our clients
Main Purpose of Role
To serve as a member of our Regulatory Reporting and Controls team, the successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out daily reporting for the MiFIR, EMIR and SFTR regimes within two of our Cowen entities. This will involve ensuring all transactions are reported in a timely manner, in line with the regulatory requirements and within Cowen’s compliance framework. The candidate must also display working knowledge of the different regulatory requirements to complete accurate and complete reconciliation testing
- Act as the first line of defence for transaction regulatory reporting by managing controls and oversight metrics to show trends and anomalies that require further root cause analysis and remediation, and escalation of such items.
- Front to back reconciliation testing to ensure Quality Assurance for Regulatory submissions.
- Reviewing and understanding various reporting regulation and how it impacts Cowen and its entities and keep current with pending regulation changes
- Interpreting technical specifications and adapting to any regulatory changes.
- Communicate regularly with various internal and external stakeholders
- Deliver governance metrics for senior level operating committees
- Willing to step into other operational/regulatory/compliance processes on an ‘as needed’ basis
- Daily usage of Microsoft Office software including Outlook, Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint.
Skills / Experience required
- 2 or more years’ experience in finance or operations preferred.
- Regulatory Reporting Processes - Experience with MiFID II and Knowledge of EMIR/SFTR.
- Control oriented; familiar with Trade processing and front to back office flows.
- A relevant University degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics or related discipline, or recognised professional or equivalent qualification, or qualified by experience.
- Must be highly organised and detail oriented with an operational compliance mindset
- Advanced Excel (ability to use formulas and manipulate data)
- Microsoft Office including Outlook, Access, Word and PowerPoint
- Hardworking and with the highest standards of personal integrity
- Ambitious and self-motivated
- Ability to relate well with others and build relationships
- Excellent teamwork and ability to collaborate with others
- Exhibit Cowen's Core Values
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to multi-task, to perform effectively under pressure
- Rationale and logical approach to problem solving
Cowen is an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.