Research Associate, Cross-Asset
New York, NY, Stamford, CT
Cowen is looking for an Associate to join its Cross Asset team in Stamford, CT or New York, NY.
The successful candidate will work directly with the Senior Research Analyst on many aspects of the research process including: building and maintaining financial models, performing financial analysis and due diligence, writing investment-driven research reports, developing and fielding industry surveys and undertaking a wide array of industry analyses and competitive assessments. The associate will have broad exposure to company managements, investor conferences, and the research process that professional investment analysts utilize to make investments and recommendations across a wide variety of industry verticals and asset classes, including traditional equities, special situations, event-driven, and distressed securities.
The following are the minimum requirements for the position:
- An undergraduate degree in business or a quantitative area if study with a strong GPA
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in financial services (buy side, sell side, banking or PE)
- Securities licenses (FINRA Series 7/SIE, 63, 86, 87)
- CFA or CFA Track/MBA a plus
- Exceptionally strong quantitative, financial modeling and Excel skills with a thorough understanding of financial statements, financial analysis and the investment process
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work well on teams, self-motivated, showing initiative, a positive attitude and a willingness to work hard
As part of its hiring process, Cowen verifies identity and eligibility to work in the United States as required by law. At this time, Cowen Group will not sponsor a new applicant for an employment visa for this position.
Cowen Inc. (“Cowen” or the “Company”) is a diversified financial services firm offering investment banking services, equity and credit research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, global clearing, commission management services and actively managed alternative investment products. Cowen focuses on delivering value-added capabilities to our clients in order to help them outperform. Founded in 1918, the Company is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide. Learn more at Cowen.com