Information Technology Auditor
Business and Financial Operations
New York, NY
The Internal Audit Department of Cowen Inc. is a small team of qualified professionals that conduct periodic audits and administer a Sarbanes-Oxley test program. In addition, the team performs a continuous assessment of the Firm’s risks and testing of relevant mitigating controls.
We are looking for an auditor with at least two years of relevant IT audit experience. Previous IT audit experience in the financial services industry strongly preferred. The candidate will assist in performing operational, financial, Sarbanes-Oxley testing, and participate in special projects.
The IT Auditor is expected to work with the Audit group in accomplishing the following:
- Perform risk-based audit work, including detailed walkthrough meetings, documentation review, and substantive testing.
- Perform application control review.
- Assist in Sarbanes-Oxley control testing for key business processes.
- Assess control strengths and weaknesses and determine compliance with policies and procedures.
- Document findings to confirm accuracy of observations and agree upon action plans.
The skills, experience, and knowledge required to be considered for this position include (items are required unless noted otherwise):
- BS or BA in Information Systems, Accounting, Finance, or a related field of study
- Working knowledge and experience with general computer controls including Change Management, Access and Security, and IT Operations.
- Working knowledge and experience with application control review including identification and testing of configurable, automated and interface controls.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with incident & response management, disaster recovery, business continuity, data management, data integrity, capacity planning, vendor management, IT project management, systems development and implementation methodologies, networking, and cybersecurity a plus.
- Familiarity with COBIT and COSO methodology a plus.
- Some knowledge of Internal Audit software preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of tools, including Visio preferred.
As part of its hiring process, Cowen verifies identity and eligibility to work in the United States as required by law. At this time, Cowen Inc. will not sponsor a new applicant for an employment visa for this position.