Equity Research Sales Analyst
Entry level position in equity research sales, based in the southeast regional office in Atlanta, with a New York based Investment Bank. Primary responsibilities are to support growth in the business by marketing equity research, corporate roadshows and conferences along with additional capital markets activities. There are two important constituencies, several internal divisions including Research, Trading & Capital Markets and externally with the firm’s clients. Opportunity to learn the Institutional Research Sales role and progress as a salesperson over time.
- Listen to the morning research call as well as Equity Capital Markets teach-ins and Management presentations.
- Maintain CRM database and research distribution lists
- Organize, schedule & book research marketing & corporate marketing roadshows
- Respond to client requests via phone & email for research, earnings models, corporate access and conference meeting requests.
- Manage client interaction data and report quarterly or semiannually to 3rd party vote software platforms.
- Prepare and submit expense reports using Workday Expense Management
- Make outbound phone calls and emails highlighting research from Cowen Research Analysts
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Once hired, need to pass the Series 7 and 63 Exams
- Excellent organizational skills
- 0 – 2 years’ experience
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to quickly adapt to new technology.
- Any prior equity market knowledge or experience a bonus
- Ability to read, understand, articulate and summarize research important to career progression
- To be successful, you must be energetic, self-driven and resourceful.
- Uses independent judgement to manage roadshow schedules and the marketing calendar.
- Follows-up to ensure completion of projects and meets critical deadlines.
- Ability to foresee problems and prevent them by taking action.
- Interacts professionally with clients and colleagues, responds promptly to requests accurately and with a courteous demeanor.
- Uses high quality, professional communication skills
As part of its hiring process, Cowen verifies identity and eligibility to work in the United States as required by law. At this time, Cowen will not sponsor a new applicant for an employment visa for this position.
Cowen Inc. (“Cowen” or the “Company”) is a diversified financial services firm offering investment banking services, equity and credit research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, global clearing, commission management services and actively managed alternative investment products. Cowen focuses on delivering value-added capabilities to our clients in order to help them outperform. Founded in 1918, the Company is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide. Learn more at Cowen.com