Equity Research Associate - Transportation & Logistics
Experienced - Res
New York, NY
Cowen and Company is seeking an Associate to join its Surface Transporation & Logistics Equity Research team in New York City.
The successful candidate will work directly with the Senior Research Analyst on many aspects of the research process including: building and maintaining financial models, performing financial analysis and due diligence, writing investment-driven research reports, developing and fielding industry surveys, and undertaking a wide array of industry analyses and competitive assessments. The associate will have broad exposure to company managements, investor and industry conferences, and the research process that professional analysts utilize to make investments and recommendations.
The following are the minimum requirements for the position:
- An undergraduate degree in a related area of study with a strong GPA.
- 1 - 2 years buy or sell side experience and/or in the related space
- Securities licenses preferred (series 7/SIE, 63, 86, 87)
- CFA or CFA track a plus
- Exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills. As part of the interview process candidates will be asked to provide a writing sample
- Strong quantitative, financial modeling and Excel skills with a thorough understanding of financial analysis and the investment process. As part of the interview process candidates will be asked to demonstrate their financial modeling skills
- Proven ability to work well on teams, self-motivated, showing initiative, a positive attitude and a willingness to work hard.
As part of its hiring process, Cowen verifies identity and eligibility to work in the United States as required by law. At this time, Cowen Group will not sponsor a new applicant for an employment visa for this position.
Cowen Inc. (“Cowen” or the “Company”) is a diversified financial services firm offering investment banking services, equity and credit research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, global clearing, commission management services and actively managed alternative investment products. Cowen focuses on delivering value-added capabilities to our clients in order to help them outperform. Founded in 1918, the Company is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide. Learn more at Cowen.com