Foreign Exchange Sales Trader
New York, NY
Cowen is looking for a junior to mid-level Sales/Trader to join their Foreign Exchange team in New York City. The candidate must demonstrate the ability to execute FX trades.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, be highly self-motivated, capable of working in a small team and possess extensive PC skills.
- Basic understanding of how to execute spot FX, forward, NDF and options trades required
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure, work in a fast-paced environment and be able to prioritize daily activities
- Existing client relationships aren't necessary but would be a strong positive
- Understanding of the global financial markets and the ability to develop market views and deliver those views to institutional clients
- Ability to effectively use systems and technology (ie..Bloomberg, excel and other FX trading platforms)
- Strong interpersonal skills
Hours of Work: European Time Zone
As part of its hiring process, Cowen verifies identity and eligibility to work in the United States as required by law. At this time, Cowen will not sponsor a new applicant for an employment visa for this position.
Cowen Inc. (“Cowen” or the “Company”) is a diversified financial services firm offering investment banking services, equity and credit research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, global clearing, commission management services and actively managed alternative investment products. Cowen focuses on delivering value-added capabilities to our clients in order to help them outperform. Founded in 1918, the Company is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide. Learn more at Cowen.com