Intern, Software Development
Intern - IM
New York, NY
Cowen Investment Management is looking for a Software Development Intern on a part-time basis. The role will work closely with the Director of Technology and Data Science team of the Cowen Sustainable Investments group.
The objective is to build a responsive user-friendly web interface that will allow users to run quantitative models and visualize results.
The Cowen Sustainable Investments strategy is focused on sustainable investing with an ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) mandate.
- Design technology systems in ASP.NET
- Build a web user interface for a cross-asset class investment group at Cowen
- Build and improve existing web user interface and web API
- Coordinate with technology groups to incorporate quantitative models into web-based user interface
- Must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or similar quantitative discipline
- Having basic knowledge in Finance is preferred but not required
- Distinctive problem solving and analytical thinking
- Strong analytical and programming skills
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with team members
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- An exceptional work ethic