Operations Administrator / Analyst
Business and Financial Operations
Cowen and Company (Asia) Limited is seeking an Operations Administrator / Analyst in Hong Kong to provide Middle Office support for Asian Pacific traders/clients and Prime Brokerage operational support.
The role will be responsible for ensuring timely allocation of trades, settlement, reconciliation of any exceptions and resolving any hedge fund clients’ operational related queries including asset servicing, trade settlement, collateral, swaps, stock loan and reporting.
We are looking for a professional who is exceptionally organised and detail oriented. The successful candidates will need to exhibit strong academic performance, exceptional interpersonal skills, and superior analytical, computer, and communication skills. To help ensure our clients continue to receive an outstanding level of service, candidates must be able to manage multiple simultaneous tasks in a fast paced, high pressure environment.
- 2-4 years’ work experience in Operations/Clearing/Middle Office
- University degree in finance, economics, or related discipline – or recognized professional or equivalent experience and qualifications
- Knowledge of investment types and financial markets
- Experience with reconciliation, trade input and accounting reporting
- Trade settlement experience in various international markets, focus on Asian markets a plus
- Experience with Advent Geneva Portfolio Accounting System, or similar preferred
- Ability to use Excel to manipulate and summarise financial data preferred
- Prime Brokerage operational experience and experience working with clearing counterparties a plus
- Strong written and verbal English communications skills
- Maintains a professional business demeanor and work with a sense of urgency
- Customer focused attitude, and able to interface directly with clients
- Ensure confidentiality is strictly maintained in relation to the work of the company and clients
- Ability to work collaboratively with global teams and a small local team
- Chinese speaking and writing skills a plus