Operations Administrator / Analyst
Business and Financial Operations
Cowen and Company (Asia) Limited is seeking an Operations Administrator / Analyst in Hong Kong to provide Middle Office and Operational support for Asian Pacific traders/clients.
The role will be responsible for ensuring timely allocation of trades, settlement, reconciliation of any exceptions.
We are looking for a professional who is exceptionally organised and detail oriented. The successful candidates will need to exhibit strong academic performance, exceptional interpersonal skills, and superior analytical, computer, and communication skills. To help ensure our clients continue to receive an outstanding level of service, candidates must be able to manage multiple simultaneous tasks in a fast paced, high pressure environment.
- 1-2 years’ work experience in Operations/Clearing/Middle Office
- University degree in finance, economics, or related discipline – or recognized professional or equivalent experience and qualifications
- Knowledge / interest in investment types and financial markets
- Experience with reconciliation, trade input and accounting reporting
- Exposure to trade settlement and client liaison relating to such.
- Ability to use Excel to manipulate and summarise financial data preferred
- Strong written and verbal English communications skills
- Maintains a professional business demeanor and work with a sense of urgency and accuracy
- Customer focused attitude, and able to interface directly with clients
- Ensure confidentiality is strictly maintained in relation to the work of the company and clients
- Ability to work collaboratively with global teams and a small local team
- Chinese speaking and writing skills a plus