Kyber Data Science - Lead/Principal Data Engineer
Data Science Group
Kyber Data Science, a Cowen Inc. company, is focused on the analysis and structuring of complex datasets with the goal of providing investment managers with data-driven, fundamental insights and enabling them to better understand company trends.
Kyber Data Science is looking for a Data Engineer that will assist in the creation of data products that provide insights on company and industry trends. The candidate will develop, manage, and deploy data pipelines and support the infrastructure that powers our data products, including ETL, workflow management, and generation of reports and dashboards.
- Design highly scalable and reliable data pipelines to ingest, integrate, and analyze large transaction-level data from various sources to support the rapidly changing needs of the business.
- Integrate ETL processes with downstream data visualization and data delivery tools
- Provide guidance on system architecture, and code quality, structure, and testing
- Automate client onboarding and management workflows with Salesforce and SSO providers
- Collaborate with members of the data science and product teams on data analysis projects and research activities
- Develop QA/QC suites to process, cleanse, and verify the integrity of incoming transaction-level data, including data anomaly detection, and monitor the performance of models in production
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years relevant experience in healthcare or in other roles with heavy exposure to complex transaction-level datasets
- Experience in building out end to end pipelines from raw data ingestion through to data product delivery & analytics, using orchestration tools like Apache Airflow
- Strong programming experience with Python, SQL and/or R required, with the ability to write well-documented production-level code
- Preference for individuals with knowledge of EHR & claims data models, understanding of issues with data quality and data standardization practices, as well as integration of patient-level RWD datasets
- Experience with AWS technologies like S3, EC2, and Lambda, as well as data warehouses such as Snowflake
- Willingness and exposure to working in a fast-paced product development environment.
- BS or Master’s degree in computer science or related field
As part of its hiring process, Cowen Inc. verifies identity and eligibility to work in the United States as required by law. At this time, Cowen Inc. will not sponsor a new applicant for an employment visa for this position.