Investment Banking – Summer Analyst Program
Our Investment Banking Summer Analyst Program is a ten-week program that offers an unparalleled experience for rising university seniors. Interns can expect a fast-paced, demanding work environment that offers the chance to learn and grow professionally. Approximately 40 summer interns are hired annually across the U.S., with an ultimate goal of converting each intern into a full-time hire for the following year. Approximately 40 students are hired annually across the U.S
- Internships are offered in each of our US offices including New York, San Francisco, Chicago and Detroit (Birmingham).
- At the start of the internship program, a one-week formal training is held in New York City for all participants.
- Day-to-day activities will vary but include financial analysis and modeling, company and industry research, participating in the development of client presentations and interactions with senior bankers and clients.
- Throughout the program, interns take part in weekly lunches with senior leaders throughout Cowen and are matched with Associate or Vice President level mentors to ensure a robust internship experience.
- Social events are part of each intern’s program, regardless of location, in an effort to better assimilate into the culture of our firm.
To qualify as a candidate for Cowen’s 2021 Investment Banking Summer Analyst Program you must have an anticipated graduation date between December 2021 and June 2022. Group opportunities and interview process differs slightly between locations. Applicants may apply and be considered for up to 2 locations.
In New York, candidates go through a general interview process. Those that reach the offer stage will be extended a general Investment Banking offer. Group placement is determined shortly after acceptance, with interns being placed directly into one of the following: Consumer, Healthcare, Industrials, Technology, Tech-Enabled Services, Capital Markets, M&A, Special Situations or Strategic Capital (Sponsors).
All other locations internship programs are defined by industry. Interns complete a location and/or group-specific interview process and receive group-specific offers: Chicago (Industrials), Detroit (Birmingham – Sell-Side M&A), San Francisco (Healthcare, Consumer, M&A or Technology).
- March – April: Cowen Campus Visits
- April – May: Application Period
- May – June: Evaluation
- July: Preliminary Interviews
- August: Superday Interviews
- September: Offers will be made to candidates