Advances in biotechnology, geopolitical turmoil, and climate change are converging to redefine biothreats — and the tools necessary to protect and defend against them. TD Cowen expects investment in technologies and resources that shore up infrastructure, detection capabilities, and supply chains as a means to mitigate against emerging and future threats.
What we’re watching
- U.S. federal agency reshuffling
- U.S. federal investment in biosecurity & defense
- Shift to platform approaches for medical countermeasures
- Regulatory oversight for SynBio
- Emphasis on detection on novel biothreats
- Efforts to shore up domestic manufacturing in the U.S.