IT - Security Engineer
Business and Financial Operations
Cowen is looking for a Security Engineer who is a key member of the IT team and manages and maintains Cowen’s workstation and server patching program. Cowen core systems must remain secure, and vulnerabilities must be promptly and completely addressed. The Engineer needs to coordinate patching activities with multiple teams to ensure systems downtime and production outage risk are minimized. This position can work fully remote and will require weekend monitoring and after-hours system maintenance.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Manage and maintain Cowen’s workstation and server patching program and ensure KPIs are in place to determine effectiveness.
- Coordinate, monitor, and provide status updates for day-to-day operational concerns to customers and program stakeholders.
- Coordinate and deploy patches via Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (SCCM), WSUS, and other 3rd party deployment technologies and scripts.
- Monitor patch deployments (which often take place at night/over the weekend) and promptly address issues.
- Maintain the SCCM, WSUS and other patching tools.
- Work closely with the Vulnerability Management Lead Engineer to prioritize patching efforts and ensure effectiveness.
- Participation in Information Security team support rotation during the week.
- 5+ years’ IT experience in a mid-size financial services firm or other mid-sized fast-paced professional services organization.
- Hands-on experience with patching Windows Desktop, Windows Server and Linux environments.
- Hands-on experience with patching 3rd party software (e.g. Acrobat, Chrome, Java, Microsoft Office products, etc.).
- Solid knowledge and in-depth understanding of Microsoft SCCM (maintaining collections, building jobs, deploying patches, compliance checks, etc.).
- Experience with Microsoft WSUS for patching.
- Experience with Active Directory and Windows administration in a multi domain environment, including Group Policies, security, and access management.
- Excellent communication, organization, and client management skills.
- Resolve, identify and troubleshoot incidents in a calm and professional manner, keeping stakeholders informed.
- Thrives in fast-paced environments where the ability to multi-task and a sense of urgency are crucial.
- Beneficial – knowledge of Microsoft Intune for patching.
Who We Are
Cowen Inc. (“Cowen” or the “Company”) is a diversified financial services firm offering investment banking services, equity and credit research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, global clearing, commission management services and actively managed alternative investment products. Cowen focuses on delivering value-added capabilities to our clients in order to help them outperform. Founded in 1918, the Company is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide.
At Cowen, inclusion and diversity are catalysts for success and innovation in everything we do. We pride ourselves on our empathetic and collaborative culture, where the power of diversity is harnessed to transform the status quo. Our focus on inclusion expands our thinking in order to generate better outcomes for clients, while striving to increase fairness and equity for our colleagues. Cowen’s vision of creating a more inclusive and equitable future is supported by our core values and is essential to our ability to outperform.
- Vision: We consistently deliver differentiated and disruptive insights that help our clients outperform
- Empathy: We proactively consider and account for the priorities and concerns of our colleagues and clients
- Sustainability: We endeavor to produce ideas and solutions that are ethically grounded and aim to pass the test of time
- Tenacious Teamwork: We elevate collaboration to new levels, empowering our ability to provide the best solutions for our clients.
Protect Yourself from Recruitment Fraud. Recruitment fraud can be attempted through fake job postings, fake websites (posing as a Company) or unauthorized individuals impersonating recruiters (even using employee names). Depending on the role, Cowen will ask candidates to complete 2-4 interviews with Cowen employees before receiving an offer for employment. All communication regarding the interview process will come from an @cowen.com or @greenhouse.io email address. At no time throughout the hiring process will a Cowen recruiter or Human Resource Professional request any type of payment in order to be considered for the role. In addition, candidates will not be asked to submit personal information as a pre-requisite for the interview process.