Equities Delta1 Middle Office Analyst/Associate
New York, NY
Cowen and Company is looking for an Analyst or Associate to join the Securitized Finance Middle Office team. This is an exciting opportunity with high career advancement potential.
- Liaise with the Derivatives Trading and Sales partners across the Firm to deliver product to clients.
- Maintain aspects of client onboarding and transition operations.
- Manage key processes that support the team including Delta1 Reconciliation, Corporate Action Monitoring, EOD Trade Processing and Allocation, Stock Loan intercompany bookings and rate changes, Swap Spread Changes, Custom basket creation, lifecycle and reconciliation etc.
- Deliver a high standard of service through providing timely responses and resolutions to internal inquiries as well as client requests and issues, while maintaining a high-quality daily service standard.
- Provide operational guidance in the areas of process, policy and procedures and make sound, definitive business decisions which meet clients' needs within the confines of Cowen policies and guidelines.
- Work on Options specific ad hoc projects as needed.
- Help prepare reports for management and internal committees.
- Assist other areas of the firm to support client needs and respond to general trading inquires.
Job Requirements / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and 0-3 years of professional experience in Operations, Finance or related field.
- Project Management experience with ability to ensure successful completion of projects.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills.
- Organized, self-motivated, detail and deadline oriented.
- Proven ability to work well on teams, showing initiative, a positive attitude and a willingness to work hard.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, including the ability to work comfortably within Excel.
- Background in derivatives preferred but not required
Who We Are:
Cowen Inc. (“Cowen” or the “Company”) is a diversified financial services firm offering investment banking services, equity and credit research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, global clearing, commission management services and actively managed alternative investment products. Cowen focuses on delivering value-added capabilities to our clients in order to help them outperform. Founded in 1918, the Company is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide.
At Cowen, inclusion and diversity are catalysts for success and innovation in everything we do. We pride ourselves on our empathetic and collaborative culture, where the power of diversity is harnessed to transform the status quo. Our focus on inclusion expands our thinking in order to generate better outcomes for clients, while striving to increase fairness and equity for our colleagues. Cowen’s vision of creating a more inclusive and equitable future is supported by our core values and is essential to our ability to outperform.
- Vision: We consistently deliver differentiated and disruptive insights that help our clients outperform
- Empathy: We proactively consider and account for the priorities and concerns of our colleagues and clients
- Sustainability: We endeavor to produce ideas and solutions that are ethically grounded and aim to pass the test of time
- Tenacious Teamwork: We elevate collaboration to new levels, empowering our ability to provide the best solutions for our clients.
Protect Yourself from Recruitment Fraud. Recruitment fraud can be attempted through fake job postings, fake websites (posing as a Company) or unauthorized individuals impersonating recruiters (even using employee names). Depending on the role, Cowen will ask candidates to complete 2-4 interviews with Cowen employees before receiving an offer for employment. All communication regarding the interview process will come from an @cowen.com or @greenhouse.io email address. At no time throughout the hiring process will a Cowen recruiter or Human Resource Professional request any type of payment in order to be considered for the role. In addition, candidates will not be asked to submit personal information as a pre-requisite for the interview process.