Investment Banking Analyst, Sell-Side M&A
Experienced - IB
Cowen is actively seeking Investment Banking Analysts to join its Birmingham, Michigan Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) team. Successful candidates will play a crucial role in sourcing and executing M&A transactions across a range of industries.
- Assist senior Cowen bankers in executing M&A transactions and sourcing potential M&A mandates
- Perform due diligence, analysis and documentation of live M&A transactions
- Provide analytical support to transactions, including: Discounted Cash Flow (DCF), Comparable Companies and Comparable Transactions (Comps), M&A, and/or LBO analyses
- Prepare client presentations and marketing materials
- Research market, industry, and transaction trends and dynamics
- Liaise with bankers across the Firm and with clients, across all levels of seniority
Candidates must possess a strong interest in Investment Banking, be intellectually curious, and have strong analytical and interpersonal skills. He or she should be able to think creatively about a range of strategic issues and have a solid grasp of accounting, valuation, finance, and business strategy.
Specific qualifications include:
- Bachelors’ degree from a leading university and 1-3 years of post-graduate investment banking of related work experience is a plus
- History of outstanding academics and strong worth ethic
- High levels of ethics, integrity, and judgment
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter
- Detail oriented and able to multi-task effectively
- Ability to comfortably interact with senior bankers/clients in a professional setting
- Comfortable in and committed to a teamwork environment
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Direct ties to the State of Michigan is a plus
Who We Are
Cowen Inc. (“Cowen” or the “Company”) is a diversified financial services firm offering investment banking services, equity and credit research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, global clearing, commission management services and actively managed alternative investment products. Cowen focuses on delivering value-added capabilities to our clients in order to help them outperform. Founded in 1918, the Company is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide.
At Cowen, inclusion and diversity are catalysts for success and innovation in everything we do. We pride ourselves on our empathetic and collaborative culture, where the power of diversity is harnessed to transform the status quo. Our focus on inclusion expands our thinking in order to generate better outcomes for clients, while striving to increase fairness and equity for our colleagues. Cowen’s vision of creating a more inclusive and equitable future is supported by our core values and is essential to our ability to outperform.
Vision: We consistently deliver differentiated and disruptive insights that help our clients outperform.
Empathy: We proactively consider and account for the priorities and concerns of our colleagues and clients.
Sustainability: We endeavor to produce ideas and solutions that are ethically grounded and aim to pass the test of time.
Tenacious Teamwork: We elevate collaboration to new levels, empowering our ability to provide the best solutions for our clients.
Learn more at: https://www.cowen.com/ and https://www.linkedin.com/company/cowen-inc/
Protect Yourself from Recruitment Fraud. Recruitment fraud can be attempted through fake job postings, fake websites (posing as a Company) or unauthorized individuals impersonating recruiters (even using employee names). Depending on the role, Cowen will ask candidates to complete 2-4 interviews with Cowen employees before receiving an offer for employment. All communication regarding the interview process will come from an @cowen.com or @greenhouse.io email address. At no time throughout the hiring process will a Cowen recruiter or Human Resource Professional request any type of payment in order to be considered for the role. In addition, candidates will not be asked to submit personal information as a pre-requisite for the interview process.