New York, NY
We are searching for an enthusiastic NY-based colleague with a "can-do" attitude to assist our Events team in the planning and organization of hosting events that enhance our image, improve client and company loyalty, and enhance our brand-to-client experience. The event position will be tasked with researching and securing venues, planning, and managing our events' calendar, negotiating quotes and agreements with vendors, assisting with event marketing, registration and backend site maintenance, and overall event assistance. Your creativity, organizational skills, and vision will assist our organization in amplifying brand visibility, enhancing client and employee relations, and improve our organization's growth through events that effectively communicate business strategy and brand personality.
The ideal candidate for this role should demonstrate exceptional organizational abilities, superb interpersonal skills, multi-tasking skills, and excellent time-management. The noteworthy candidate should reinforce client-to-business relations, improve the organization's image, and effectively deliver on event objectives.
- Brainstorming and implementing event plans and concepts.
- Working with our conference systems to build out events.
- Managing internal and external event calendars.
- Processing expenses and invoicing.
- Liaising and negotiating with numerous vendors.
- Handling logistics for webinars and various internal events.
- Managing invite branding and communication.
- Co-managing with Sr. Event Planners where needed.
- Coordinate firmwide promotional item orders and deliveries.
- Excellent communicator.
- Highly Organized.
- Willingness to travel and comfortable with off-hour work scheduling.
- Good time management and task prioritization.
- Self-starter and able to work on tasks alone and with the team.
- Expert interpersonal skills.
• Experience with Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, MS Forms)
Who We Are:
Cowen Inc. (“Cowen” or the “Company”) is a diversified financial services firm offering investment banking services, equity and credit research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, global clearing, commission management services and actively managed alternative investment products. Cowen focuses on delivering value-added capabilities to our clients in order to help them outperform. Founded in 1918, the Company is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide.
At Cowen, inclusion and diversity are catalysts for success and innovation in everything we do. We pride ourselves on our empathetic and collaborative culture, where the power of diversity is harnessed to transform the status quo. Our focus on inclusion expands our thinking in order to generate better outcomes for clients, while striving to increase fairness and equity for our colleagues. Cowen’s vision of creating a more inclusive and equitable future is supported by our core values and is essential to our ability to outperform.
- Vision: We consistently deliver differentiated and disruptive insights that help our clients outperform
- Empathy: We proactively consider and account for the priorities and concerns of our colleagues and clients
- Sustainability: We endeavor to produce ideas and solutions that are ethically grounded and aim to pass the test of time
- Tenacious Teamwork: We elevate collaboration to new levels, empowering our ability to provide the best solutions for our clients.
Protect Yourself from Recruitment Fraud. Recruitment fraud can be attempted through fake job postings, fake websites (posing as a Company) or unauthorized individuals impersonating recruiters (even using employee names). Depending on the role, Cowen will ask candidates to complete 2-4 interviews with Cowen employees before receiving an offer for employment. All communication regarding the interview process will come from an @cowen.com or @greenhouse.io email address. At no time throughout the hiring process will a Cowen recruiter or Human Resource Professional request any type of payment in order to be considered for the role. In addition, candidates will not be asked to submit personal information as a pre-requisite for the interview process.