New York, NY
Cowen is looking for experienced High Yield/Crossover and Investment grade salespeople to join its growing Cross-Asset team. The goal is to increase the amount of revenue generated from trading securities within the space by leveraging your existing, established relationships in the industry. This is a position ideally suited for someone with 5-15+ years of experience.
- Manage client relationships and seek new opportunities to expand relationships involving our product offerings which include high yield, investment grade, distressed bonds and bank loans
- Maintain daily dialogue with senior portfolio managers and traders at key money managers and hedge funds with a dedicated focus on fixed income assets
- Provide market expertise on trade ideas
- Work closely with traders and research to analyze markets, opportunities, and risks to develop a view on relative value within the space
- Work with other groups within the Cross-Asset team that cover the same clients for other
products to ensure that all groups are coordinated
- Work closely with leadership to creatively expand existing client relationships
- Communicate clearly with our fixed income traders on the daily axes for each of your clients
- Serve as structured finance expert in helping to educate Cowen’s salesforce and end accounts
- Help develop and build long-term quality relationships with structured finance portfolio managers
- Experienced (5-15+ years), institutional fixed income sales professional with a deep understanding of corporate bonds
- Demonstrated ability to generate revenue with existing accounts
- Expertise in uncovering business opportunities with new prospective clients
- Experience developing and cultivating professional relationships
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Strong sense of responsibility and follow-through
As part of its hiring process, Cowen verifies identity and eligibility to work in the United States as required by law. At this time, Cowen will not sponsor a new applicant for an employment visa for this position.
Who We Are:
Cowen Inc. (“Cowen” or the “Company”) is a diversified financial services firm offering investment banking services, equity and credit research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, global clearing, commission management services and actively managed alternative investment products. Cowen focuses on delivering value-added capabilities to our clients in order to help them outperform. Founded in 1918, the Company is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide.
At Cowen, inclusion and diversity are catalysts for success and innovation in everything we do. We pride ourselves on our empathetic and collaborative culture, where the power of diversity is harnessed to transform the status quo. Our focus on inclusion expands our thinking in order to generate better outcomes for clients, while striving to increase fairness and equity for our colleagues. Cowen’s vision of creating a more inclusive and equitable future is supported by our core values and is essential to our ability to outperform.
- Vision: We consistently deliver differentiated and disruptive insights that help our clients outperform
- Empathy: We proactively consider and account for the priorities and concerns of our colleagues and clients
- Sustainability: We endeavor to produce ideas and solutions that are ethically grounded and aim to pass the test of time
- Tenacious Teamwork: We elevate collaboration to new levels, empowering our ability to provide the best solutions for our clients.
Protect Yourself from Recruitment Fraud. Recruitment fraud can be attempted through fake job postings, fake websites (posing as a Company) or unauthorized individuals impersonating recruiters (even using employee names). Depending on the role, Cowen will ask candidates to complete 2-4 interviews with Cowen employees before receiving an offer for employment. All communication regarding the interview process will come from an @cowen.com or @greenhouse.io email address. At no time throughout the hiring process will a Cowen recruiter or Human Resource Professional request any type of payment in order to be considered for the role. In addition, candidates will not be asked to submit personal information as a pre-requisite for the interview process.