International Benefits and Payroll Administrator
Business and Financial Operations
Functional Title: International Benefits and Payroll Administrator
Corporate Title: Analyst
Cowen Inc. is a diversified financial services firm that operates through two business segments: a broker dealer and an investment management division. The Company’s broker dealer division offers investment banking services, equity and credit research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, global clearing and commission management services. Cowen’s investment management segment offers actively managed alternative investment products. Cowen Inc. focuses on delivering value-added capabilities to our clients in order to help them outperform. Founded in 1918, the firm is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide. Learn more at Cowen.com
We have a proud tradition of attracting and retaining individuals who are smart, hardworking, ambitious and team players. Cowen is large enough to provide substantial resources to each employee, yet small enough so that each member’s contribution is recognised.
- Vision: We consistently deliver differentiated and disruptive insights that help our clients outperform
- Empathy: We proactively consider and account for the priorities and concerns of our colleagues and clients
- Sustainability: We endeavor to produce ideas and solutions that are ethically grounded and aim to pass the test of time
- Tenacious Teamwork: We elevate collaboration to new levels, empowering our ability to provide the best solutions for our clients.
Main Purpose of Role
Cowen is seeking an International Benefits and Payroll Administrator. The role is based in London, UK and will work alongside our HR and Payroll team in London and New York.
- Create and maintain competitive benefits programs for Cowen employees, primarily in the United Kingdom and Hong Kong, as well as other locations in Europe.
- Full day-to-day administration of healthcare, retirement, and wellness plans, including data file transfers, annual renewal management, and maintaining vendor and broker relationships.
- Manage employee benefits and payroll questions, resolve issues, handle new joiner and leaver processes and life event changes.
- Advise and inform employees of benefit plan details, changes, new offers, etc.
- Develop communication tools to enhance understanding of employee benefit programs.
- Work with US Benefits and Payroll team to develop a plan for future rollout of international payroll and benefits management in Workday.
- Assist with employee onboarding and offboarding procedures. Including running employee inductions and right to work checks and support with exit interviews where required.
- Partnering with the UK Business Partner help support employee and managers manage leaves of absence, including parental leaves and sick leave
- Partner with the HR Business Partner on occupational health cases across the UK including wellbeing discussions with employees or supporting employees experience musculoskeletal issues.
- Support with Group Income Protection claims and key liaison with employees on a long-term sick leave
- Assist in processing Payroll – collect payroll documentation and complete input spreadsheets in an accurate and timely manner.
- Review and prepare year-end processes and filings (e.g P11D’s).
- Liaise with 3rd party payroll providers, if required.
- Assist in the set-up of payroll processes and systems as required.
- Ensure accurate, timely data entry into HR/Payroll systems including but not limited to leaves of absences/ FTE changes, new starts and salary changes.
- Liaise with payroll managers in Hong Kong, Germany, and Luxembourg.
- Provide support at year-end compensation working closely with the UK Business Partner and Compensation Team based in the US.
- Provide support and advice on educational sponsorship requests
- Support the UK HR Business with various projects aligned to the UK HR automation and continuous improvement strategy.
Skills / Experience Required
- University Degree
- Working knowledge of laws surrounding pay and benefits in UK, Hong Kong, and EU countries highly preferred
- Able to identify and manage confidential and sensitive information or situations in a professional manner
- Able to work independently and organise and prioritise workload
- Payroll or HR qualification/certifications an asset
- Previous experience in a payroll/ benefits related role
- Experience with Workday, SD Worx, and ADP highly preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work efficiently with global, diverse teams spread across different time zones
- Strong attention to details
- Excellent teamwork and ability to collaborate with others
- Exhibit Cowen’s Core Values
Cowen is an equal opportunity employer; we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs