Junior Desk Analyst
New York, NY
Cowen and Company is looking for an ambitious Junior Desk Analyst to join the Special Situations Desk. This is an entry level position.
- Supporting the Senior Special Situations Desk Analyst
- Building and maintaining financial models.
- Maintaining calendars of market events.
- Creating presentations and comments for the Salesforce.
- Gathering and assessing relevant news and trading flow information.
- Coordinating client and management meetings with the Corporate Access group.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills, proficient in PowerPoint and Word.
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure, work in a face paced environment (a trading desk) and be able to prioritize daily activities.
- Interacts professionally with clients and colleagues, responds promptly to requests accurately and with a courteous demeanor.
- Proven ability to work well on teams, showing initiative, a positive attitude and a willingness to work hard.
- Organized, self-motivated, detail and deadline oriented.
- The working day begins early and will involve evenings as projects require.
As part of its hiring process, Cowen verifies identity and eligibility to work in the United States as required by law. At this time, Cowen will not sponsor a new applicant for an employment visa for this position.
Cowen Inc. (“Cowen” or the “Company”) is a diversified financial services firm offering investment banking services, equity and credit research, sales and trading, prime brokerage, global clearing, commission management services and actively managed alternative investment products. Cowen focuses on delivering value-added capabilities to our clients in order to help them outperform. Founded in 1918, the Company is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide. Learn more at Cowen.com