Equity Research Associate - TMT- Networking & Communication Equipment
RES - Technology/Telecom
New York, NY
Cowen is seeking an Associate to join its Networking and Communication Equipment Equity Research team in New York City.
The successful candidate will work directly with the Senior Research Analyst on many aspects of the research process including: building and maintaining financial models, performing financial analysis and due diligence, writing investment-driven research reports, developing and fielding industry surveys and undertaking a wide array of industry analyses and competitive assessments. The associate will have broad exposure to company managements, investor conferences, and the research process that professional investment analysts utilize to make investments and recommendations.
The following are the minimum requirements for the position:
- An undergraduate degree in a related area of study with a strong GPA. An MBA or CFA is a plus
- The ideal candidate will have at least three years of experience working at a networking equipment company, a communication service provider or a cloud company; extensive industry contacts; broad and deep knowledge of networking equipment and technology
- Securities licenses preferred (Series 7 or SIE, 63, 86 ,87)
- Exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills. As part of the interview process candidates will be asked to provide a writing sample
- Strong quantitative, financial modeling and Excel skills with a thorough understanding of financial analysis and the investment process
- Knowledge of Python and/or R is a plus
- Proven ability to work well on teams, self-motivated, showing initiative, a positive attitude and a willingness to work hard
As part of its hiring process, Cowen verifies identity and eligibility to work in the United States as required by law. At this time, Cowen will not sponsor a new applicant for an employment visa for this position.